MISS ENGLISH ROSE: DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
MISS BRITISH ISLES LTD LAWFUL BASIS FOR DATA COLLECTION:
Legitimate Interests (GDPR point (f) of Article 6(1)): the processing of your data is a vital part of the competition as it allows us to enter you into the competition under your relevant general location category. It allows us to contact you to provide you with relevant and important information so that you can compete. In the case of a participant under the age of the 16, the parent/guardian's information is gathered so that we contact them with the relevant information and not the child, to satisfy child protection law. However, as we require some basic information about the child, the child has a right to be informed of how and why their data is being used and so we invite them to read this data protection notice.
HOW WILL THIS EFFECT YOU?
We will use the provided details to contact you regarding the competition with important information and any details you will need to know to successfully compete.
WHO WILL MY DATA BE SHARED WITH?
Data will only be held inside of Miss British Isles Ltd. No other 3rd party companies will be sent the data, however, participants should be aware that the information will be stored on servers belonging to 3rd party companies, the security of which are maintained by that company and not Miss British Isles Ltd. Therefore, that company are liable in the case of a data protection breach and not Miss British Isles Ltd. We endeavour to ensure the security of our website to ensure the protection of your data, however in the case of a security breach we are responsible for that security. The security of emails containing data is the responsibility of the company providing the email service and not that of Miss British Isles Ltd. If the security of our website is compromised, or if we receive notification from companies we use that their security may have been compromised and we suspect a data leak has occurred, we will contact all persons who may have been effected by the data leak. If the security of our site is compromised, we will launch an investigation into the attack and the appropriate authorities will be notified in the case of a criminal offence which includes the illegal accessing of competitors data.
HOW WILL MY DATA BE USED?
Data will only be used for the purposes of the competition and to contact competitors or competitors' parent/guardian in the case of competitors under the age of 16.
WHY IS MY DATA BEING COLLECTED?
This data is required for the competitor to be entered into, and participate in the competition. We will need to contact you to provide relevant information and to identify you for the purposes of the competition. The forms we use require 6 areas of data collection they are: 1. Full Name, 2. Email, 3. Phone Number, 4. Age/Date of Birth, 5. Location, 6. Images of the competitor. The competitors Full Name is required for use within the competition so that they can be identified and receive information relevant to them. The competitors or competitors parent/guardian's Email and Phone Number are stored so that they can be contacted so that we can provide the relevant information about the competition i.e specific dates or times etc. The competitors Age/Date of Birth is required so that they can be placed in the appropriate competition. The competitors location is required so that they can placed in the appropriate location category. Finally, the images of a competitor are required to verify the identity of the competitor.
HOW IS MY DATA COLLECTED?
Data is collected through our online competition submission forms and/or contact forms. Data is not collected autonomously and is not collected without the explicit permission of the person(s) involved.
WHO IS COLLECTING MY DATA?
Miss British Isles Ltd collects and stores all data within our database, however files are stored on 3rd party company servers.
WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED?
In order to be entered into the Miss English Rose competition, we collect general information such as your name and contact details, (further details provided above in "why is my data being collected"). If the participant of the competition is under the age of 16, we require the name, date of birth/age, images and location of the participant, but all other information should be provided by, and of, the parent/guardian of the competitor. We also store submitted images of competitors in our database, all submitted images should not contain nudity or violence. In the case that indecent/illegal images are submitted to us, your IP address will be logged and the appropriate authorities will be notified.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- and the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including
- The right to be informed guarantees that we will notify you at any point at which we will be gathering data from you, (i.e our online submission forms include a notification statement, as well as a check box which allows you to give permission for the data you have provided to be stored and used by us for the purposes of the competition under our legitimate interests. However, as we only gather information vital to the competitor participating in the competition, we unfortunately cannot provide the competitor with the right of individual consent for specific data points, (i.e we need you to give permission for all fields not just for your full Name for example). As our legal basis is legitimate interests, in the case that you do not wish to provide your data, it will unfortunately mean you will not be able to enter the competition, as we will not be able to provide you with the relevant information and we will not be able to identify you for the purposes of judging you within the competition.
- The right of access gives you the right to access any data that we hold on you at any time. If you wish to find out what data we currently store on you, don't hesitate to send us an email and we will send back any relevant data we hold.
- The right of rectification gives you the right to correct any incorrect data we hold on you. I.e if your name is incorrect, simply send us an email with a request to change it and we will update your data.
- The right to erasure gives you the right to require us to delete any data we hold on you on your request. If you wish us to remove any data we hold on you, send us a request via email and we will delete all data relevant to you.
- The right to restrict processing allows you the right to restrict what data we collect on you. However, in the case of the Miss English Rose competition, it is deemed that the collected data is a targeted and proportionate way of achieving the purpose of allowing the competitor to compete in the competition. Therefore, we require all data that we request to be processed and unfortunately, as we cannot provide you with the ability to compete in the competition without it, you will not be able to compete without giving permission for the processing of all data requested.
- The right to data portability gives you the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without effecting its usability. This right only applies to information you have provided. Simply email us a request and we have the sufficient capability to transfer your data to your requested location with a secure method.
- The right to object gives you the right to object to us gathering your data. At the end of all our submission forms we include a check box for this purpose, if you wish to object to the gathering of your data, simply leave the check box unchecked and none of the data you have entered will be stored. It will, however, not allow you to enter yourself into the competition for the reasons discussed above.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling gives you the right to not be subject to decisions solely made by automated means without any human involvement (automated decision-making), and to not be subject to automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an you (profiling). Miss British Isles Ltd does not undertake either of these practices and so users and competitors will not be subject to either.
- Finally, if you have any other questions about the use of your data, please don't hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com If you feel we are not satisfying our data protection responsibilities, please do not hesitate to contact us or submit a complaint to the ICO so that we can make sure we protect our competitors.